Zepbound Week 6: Getting into a rhythm
Things are churning along. At the end of Week 5, I was down 12 pounds! Some of my clothes are fitting a little looser now, although the changes seem to be mostly above the waist. I have a pair of jeans that are still stubbornly snug, although maybe a little less snug.
I've maintained my 100g protein, 30g fiber, although I read this morning that the body can't process more than 30g of protein at one sitting, so my tally might be a touch off (but not by much),
Since my first walk (!), I did 3 walks in week 5 (about 75 minutes total) & am at 2 walks so far this week.
I've cut back on my music activities for the summer. Partly so I can experiment with other music things - alto flute & flute beatboxing - but also so I don't have the time pressure to practice. During the fall and winter, I regularly put in at least 3 hours a day. But with the nice weather, I want the freedom to do more and longer hikes, as well as yard work, etc.
Speaking of yard work, I never really enjoyed it as I got physically ill from all the bending and squaring. Nausea, mostly, I guess from constantly compressing my stomach. But even with my modest weight loss, I'm finding that the nausea has all but disappeared. I still don't know if I'm destined to putter around the garden in my old age, but there's a satisfaction from being able to pull a load of thistles without feeling like I need to puke.
I am still weighing everything and calorie counting this week. I really think it helps with portion control. I've developed a list of foods that I keep in a spreadsheet so it's an easy cut and paste. I'm not keen on calorie counting apps because I feel like I'm always hunting for my foods and then having to approximate when I can find the exact ones. Plus, I'm a spreadsheet kinda gal.
Comments
Post a Comment